The CDTI is a Public Business Entity under the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness that promotes innovation and technological development in Spanish companies. It is currently the entity that manages the requests for finance and support for Research, Development and Innovation projects for Spanish national and international companies.
CDTI currently offers 2 help programmes for technological innovation:
- “Ayudas Neotec”
- “Programa Innvierte”
Below are the characteristics and conditions needed to qualify for some of the funding options.
The objective of this help programme consists of support for creating and consolidating new technological companies in Spain. The technology must be the competitive factor that differentiates the company. Companies whose business model is mainly based on services to third parties, rather than any actual direct technological development, do not count.
The main conditions to apply for this funding are:
- The beneficiary must be a company that is less than 6 years old from when help is requested.
- The beneficiary’s costs of research and development must represent 15% of the total running costs during at least one of the three years prior to the request for help.
- Share holdings of the company’s employees or promoters must exceed 50%
The main characteristics of the NEOTEC help programme are:
- The funding help can be up to a maximum of €250,000.
- The company will return the funding to the CDTI as positive cash-flow comes in. Therefore, the company commits to annually providing the CDTI with closed annual accounts. The loan will generally be repaid by annual instalments of 10%, 15% or 20%.
- To be assured of the funding from the business plan presented, partners must contribute at least 30% of the requested budget through economic contributions before the contract with the CDTI is signed.
- In the case that the help is accepted, additional guarantees may not be requested.
The INNVIERTE programme is part of the State Innovation Strategy, which aims to promote business innovation though supporting risk capital investments in technological and innovative companies.
This type of funding is carried out through risk capital companies that belong to CDTI and which are supervised by the Spanish National Securities Market:
- INNVIERTE Economía Sostenible Coinversión (Sustainable Economy Coinvestment), S.A. S.C.R
- INNVIERTE Economía Sostenible, S.A. S.C.R.
Essential conditions for requesting help from PROGRAMA INNVIERTE are:
- The companies interested must be recently created, technological or innovative SMEs.
- Investments will consist of temporary participation in social capital of the targeted SMEs.
- Each investment amount will generally be more than €500,000 and no less than €2,500,000 by PYME through each 12 month period.
- The risks and benefits of each investment will be shared with the private investor with strict equal rights and obligations according to the respective contribution.
Innovative help programmes for SMEs like those of the CDTI, together with great legal advice would add up to a successful system for your business.
Suscríbete a LeQuid de la Cuestión
La publicación de LeQuid sobre el mundo del Derecho en los negocios.